Monday, June 15, 2009

Worship Every Hour?

I'm told a great spiritual teacher said that on days when he was extremely busy, it was important to spend twice as much time praying. Don't know if it's true. But I've been considering ways to arrange my activities and life around what feels connected to the divine. A Christian social/prayer/bible-study group weekly. Quaker worship weekly on Sundays and once or twice during the week too. A meeting for singing each month that feels very spiritually grounded. Participation in a practice called "5Rhythms" that amounts to a sort of "prayer through dance". But some of my favorite and most spiritually powerful experiences have been just sitting around sharing a deep conversation with friends, too. Let me invite you to be attentive to the ways that you connect with Spirit. Does "connecting with something deeper" as a regular habit, make each of these kinds of activities more powerful or fulfilling in your life?

No comments: